Imagine you’ve just put a deposit on your first home, you’re excited everything is perfect. Naturally, you invite your family over for lunch, the sun’s out so you get the grill out and make a few burgers. Everyone is excited, congratulations all around, food aplenty, everyone is all smiles. The card and board games come out, then charade, and then the inevitable discussion about sports and politics and wine and TV and a few jokes here and there, everyone is happy, everyone is merry but its Spring and you get a reminder that summer is around the corner because your favourite uncle kept asking for the Air conditioner to be turned up and this got you thinking, I’m going to be a homeowner now, meaning I’ve got to keep a handle on electric bills, summer is around the corner, how am I going to negotiate past the massive electric bill?
That is a question we ask ourselves; how can we cut down on the growing energy bills especially with the scorching Australian summer a few months away? The answer is obvious, cut down on spending. Granted that option is easier said than done, it is nevertheless a distinct possibility. Technology has come heaps and bound over the last few years and more so now than ever and we are reaping the benefits of the technological advancements in all aspects of the industry. Nowhere is this illustrated more than true ingenious Australian Engineering application of evaporative principles into robust energy efficient evaporative air conditioning systems.
What is Evaporative Cooling?
Evaporative air cooling is a type of air conditioning that is has become increasingly popular in recent times. Instead of relying on a refrigerant to cool air, it uses the natural process of evaporation to achieve cooling. Evaporative cooling is a fantastic and innovative way of cooling your home this summer. It is an efficient, cost-effective and user-friendly system that operates at maximum efficiency with a small carbon footprint. Choosing a system for your need isn’t as easy as it seems on paper that’s why at Rite Price, we are proud to offer you access to the best brands in the business, brands like Breezair, Braemar and Coolair all locally made by the multi-award winning Seeley International at Lonsdale.
Evaporative Air Conditioning Systems
Australian engineering ingenuity is evident in both the Breezair and Braemar Evaporative Air Conditioning Systems. Breezair is Australian engineering at its finest. Built to withstand the harshest Australian summer, Breezairs evaporative air conditioning systems are powered by the innovative mega energy saving InertaCool Inverter Technology which is designed to save on operating cost by cleverly managing power consumption, thereby reducing energy while boosting productivity. Breezair Evaporative cooling units are robust and durable; they are designed and manufactured in Australia and built using Permatuf and UV stabilised polymer cabinets moulded to be impervious to the elements while also adding aesthetic to your roof line.
Braemer evaporative cooling units were the first evaporative system to incorporate the water distribution system into its design. The result was an effective free flow distributor system that greatly reduced energy output while improving water reliability. Braemar evaporative cooling systems are a trusted Australian brand designed with cutting edge innovative technology for maximum cooling performance at a little operational energy cost.
How does it work?
Evaporative air cooling systems utilizes the principle of evaporation to cool your property. The evaporative cooler is designed as such that a pump circulates water from a reservoir compartment to a cooling pad which soaks the pad, a fan draws air from outside the unit through the soaked pad. As air permeates through the pad, the air is cooled by evaporation and circulated via systems fan and motors sized and designed for optimum airflow delivery.
Evaporative cooling air conditioners Features and Benefits?
Evaporative cooling air conditioners are cheaper to run and much more environmentally friendly than their refrigerated air conditioner counterparts. Evaporative cooling air conditioners consume 90% less power than ducted air conditioners, and since it uses the natural process of evaporation to cool air, it is more environmentally friendly, thus producing less ozone-damaging emissions. The air produced by an evaporative cooling system is perhaps not as cold and crisp as the air from a ducted reverse cycle or split system, but it is nevertheless more comfortable. It has a much higher moisture content (due to the evaporation process), better on the skin and feels more natural.
Evaporative air conditioning systems are designed to:
• Run at the lowest cost which can potentially save you up to $300 – $400 per year in electricity costs.
• Produce fresh easier to breathe air by continually and consistently replacing the air within your home every few minutes.
• Cool both indoor and outdoor spaces with the one system that is perfect for indoor and outdoor living and entertainment.
• Be environmentally friendly as its energy efficiency produces less than 1/10th of the harmful CO2 being pumped by refrigerated air conditioning units each year.
• A healthier choice via incorporated Chillcel pads designed to filter cooled air before gently circulating it throughout your property. The air circulated by the Breezair evaporated units is gentler on eyes, nose, and skin which makes it perfect for you, your family and your pets.
Other design highlights elements of the Breezair and Braemar Evaporative Air Conditioning systems include:
• The WATERmiser Monitor which monitors water quality to minimise wastage and reduce consumption.
• The AQUAflow non-clogging water distribution system which increases cooling efficiency by continuously supplying a balanced flow of water to the cooling pads.
• Icon Series Centrifugal Fan and the Revolutionary Hushpower direct drive motor for high-pressure performance at very low noise levels and industry-leading quiet operations performance.
• Trademark Tornado Pump water pumps ,which provide excellent reliability even in the most adverse weather conditions.
• Advanced aerodynamic Stealth Fan for quiet operation.
• A world patented water distribution system for efficient cooling.
• AutoWinterseal automatic sealing system that reduces draughts and arrests heat loss in winter.
• An automatic drain valve which automatically empties the water reserve when unit is not in use, leaving it clean and dry and thus ensuring that the system is operating at peak efficient while also using minimum amount of water.
• A completely enclosed tropic proof motor for reliable long-term performance.
• A WaterManager system which monitors water quality keeps the system clean and effects water savings and increased efficiency by ensuring that the system uses the minimum amount of water to achieve optimum cooling.
Why Should I Choose It?
The energy savings are a major reason why you should consider evaporative air conditioning systems, that and the fact that it is equally more environmentally friendly than conventional split units or ducted air conditioning system. The major evaporative air cooling brands are also Australian made and have been the industry standard for a few years. All this is and the professional staff here at Rite Price Heating and Cooling are reasons to consider the switch or change to a brand new evaporative cooling system now.
Call us now for a FREE quote and inspection. Our tradesmen will provide you with prompt and reliable installation and follow up support. This is South Australian hospitality at its finest best and it is why Rite Price, a proud South Australian company has an outstanding reputation in the air conditioning industry.